These Terms and Conditions are effective from 01/01/2018. All previous terms and conditions are cancelled.
Please read the Terms carefully and if you do not accept the Terms, do not use the Website. The Terms shall also apply to all telephone betting and betting or gaming via mobile devices including downloadable applications to a mobile device (as if references to your use of the Website were references to your use of our telephone betting and/or mobile devices betting facilities).
2. We may need to change the Terms from time to time for a number of reasons (including to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and regulatory requirements). All changes will be published on the Website. The most up to date Terms will be available on the Website. If any change is unacceptable to you, you should cease using the Website and/or close your account. If, however, you continue to use the Website after the date on which the changes to the Terms come into effect, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes.
3. Reference to "you", "your" or the "customer" is reference to any person using the Website or the services of Afrobet and/or any registered customer of Afrobet.
4. As you are aware, the right to access and/or use the Website (including any or all of the products offered via the Website) may be illegal in certain countries (including, for example, the USA). You are responsible for determining whether your accessing and/or use of the Website is compliant with applicable laws in your jurisdiction and you warrant to us that gambling is not illegal in the territory where you reside.
5. Afrobet is committed to providing excellent customer service. As part of that commitment, Afrobet is committed to supporting responsible gambling. Although Afrobet will use its reasonable endeavours to enforce its responsible gambling policies, Afrobet does not accept any responsibility or liability if you nevertheless continue gambling and/or seek to use the Website with the intention of deliberately avoiding the relevant measures in place and/or Afrobet is unable to enforce its measures/policies for reasons outside of Afrobet's reasonable control.
B. YOUR AFROBET ACCOUNT
1.1 All applicants must be over 18 years of age and of legal capacity to place a bet/wager or register with Afrobet. Afrobet reserves the right to ask for proof of age from any customer and suspend their account until satisfactory documentation is provided. Afrobet takes its responsibilities in respect of under age and responsible gambling very seriously.
1.2 All information supplied when registering with the site MUST be accurate and complete in all respects. Where this is not the case, we reserve the right to suspend the account and treat any deposits into the gambling account as being invalid (and any winnings arising from such deposit as void). Where an account is suspended, the relevant customer should Contact Us.
1.3 By accepting the Terms and/or registering to use the Website you hereby agree that we shall be entitled to conduct any and all such identification, credit and other verification checks from time to time that we may require and/or are required by applicable laws and regulations and/or by the relevant regulatory authorities for use of the Website and our products generally. You agree to provide all such information as we require in connection with such verification checks. We shall be entitled to suspend or restrict your account in any manner that we may deem in our absolute discretion to be appropriate, until such time as the relevant checks are completed to our satisfaction.
1.4 As part of the registration process, we may supply your information details to authorised credit reference agencies to confirm your identity and payment card details. You agree that we may process such information in connection with your registration.
1.5 Customers may open only one account. Should we identify any customer with more than one account we reserve the right to treat any such accounts as one joint account.
1.6 Customers must keep their registration and account details up to date. This, and your account information, may be amended in the Account Summary section of the Website. If you require any assistance, please Contact Us.
2. Account Details
2.1 Afrobet allows all its customers to choose their own password. The account number is generated randomly upon registering an account. Customers must keep this information secret and confidential as you are responsible for all bets/wagers placed on your account and any other activities taking place on your account.
2.2 Bets will stand if your username and password have been entered correctly.
2.3 If, at any time, you feel a third party is aware of your user name and/or password you should change it immediately via the Website. Should you forget part or all of your combination, please Contact Us.
2.4 For bets placed by telephone, you are responsible for all transactions where your name and account number or name and username are correctly quoted (whether or not authorised by you). If you nominate another person as an authorised user of your account, you shall be responsible for all transactions such person makes using the relevant account details. Should you lose your account details or feel that someone else may have your account details, please Contact Us.
2.5 Please note that cardholder details and any other sensitive data should never be sent to us by unencrypted email.
2.6 The current balance and transaction history of your account may be viewed at any time once you have logged into your account on the Website.
3. Personal Details
4. Suspension and Closure
4.1 If you want to close your account, please Contact Us. Any negative balance on your account will fall immediately due and payable to Afrobet, and your account will not be closed until the relevant amount owed to Afrobet is paid in full.
4.2 Afrobet reserves the right to close or suspend your account at any time and for any reason. Without limiting the preceding sentence, Afrobet shall be entitled to close or suspend your account if:
(a) you become bankrupt;
(b) Afrobet considers that you have used the Website in a fraudulent manner or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes;
(c) Afrobet considers that you have used the Website in an unfair manner, have deliberately cheated or taken unfair advantage of Afrobet or any of its customers or if your account is being used for the benefit of a third party;
(d) Afrobet is requested to do so by the police, any regulatory authority or court;
(e) Afrobet considers that any of the events referred to in (a) to (c) above may have occurred or are likely to occur; or
(f) your account is deemed to be dormant and its balance is, or reaches zero in accordance with paragraph B.5.1 below.
4.3 If Afrobet closes or suspends your account for any of the reasons referred to in (a) to (e) above, you shall be liable for any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred or suffered by Afrobet (together "Claims") arising therefrom and shall indemnify and hold Afrobet harmless on demand for such Claims. In the circumstances referred to in (a) to (e) above, Afrobet shall also be entitled to withhold and/or retain any and all amounts which would otherwise have been paid or payable to you (including any winnings or bonus payments).
5. Dormant Accounts
5.1 Afrobet will apply an Administration Fee to all accounts that have been 'inactive' for a consecutive period of at least 365 days in accordance with the following procedure. An account is deemed to be 'inactive' during any period in which none of the following actions take place in relation to it: (i) a successful deposit; (ii) a Sports bet is placed.
(a) If your account remains 'inactive' for a continuous period of 365 days then your account shall be deemed to be 'dormant' and, if the balance on your account is zero, your account will be closed and no fee shall apply.
(b) If, on being deemed to be dormant, your account has a positive balance, Afrobet shall take reasonable steps to notify you using the details you provided during your registration process (or as updated by you).
(c) If your account remains dormant, after a minimum period of 90 days following Afrobet's first attempt to notify you that your account has become dormant, Afrobet shall deduct a monthly Administration Fee from your account balance of NGN500 (or currency equivalent), or 5% of your account balance at the time that it is deemed to be dormant (whichever is greater).
(d) The Administration Fee calculated in accordance with (c) above shall be deducted from your account balance on the expiry of the 90 day notification period mentioned above and every 28 days thereafter at the same rate until the earlier of: (i) your account balance reaching zero when no further Administration Fee shall be deducted and your account will be closed; or (ii) you 'reactivating' your account when no further Administration Fee shall be deducted.
5.2 You can 'reactivate' your account by: (i) making a successful deposit; (ii) placing a Sports bet
C. YOUR FINANCES
1. Deposits and Wagers
1.1 You may only bet/wager with the amount of cleared funds held in your account. Accordingly, if you want to place bets or participate in gaming, you must deposit monies into your account. Further details of how to deposit, withdraw and transfer funds can be found at Deposits/Withdrawals.
1.2 By depositing funds into your account, you direct us and we agree to hold them, along with any winnings, for the sole and specific purpose of using them (i) to place your sporting and gaming stakes; and (ii) settling any fees or charges that you might incur in connection with the use of our services (Purpose). We shall be entitled to suspend or close your account if we reasonably consider or have reason to believe that you are depositing funds without any intention to place sporting and/or gaming stakes. In such circumstances we may also report this to relevant authorities.
1.3 For payment methods that require a specific account holder, you should only deposit funds into your gambling account from a source where you are the named account holder. In such cases where Afrobet identify that the named account holder differs from that which Afrobet hold, we reserve the right to treat any deposits into the gambling account as being invalid (and any winnings arising from such deposit as void).
1.4 All funds that we hold for you are held in separate designated customer bank accounts to be used solely for the Purpose and the bank has acknowledged this. We must return the funds to you if they are not used for the Purpose.
The bank has acknowledged that your funds are held in those accounts solely for the Purpose. The bank has confirmed that it will not mix customers' funds in those accounts with any other, including our own, and that it has no claim on the funds itself.
In view of the above, in the event of our insolvency, your funds are protected. The funds would still belong to you and would not fall into the hands of the liquidator.
1.5 You agree that we shall be entitled to retain any interest which might accrue on monies held in your Afrobet account.
1.6 No credit will be offered by any employee of Afrobet, and all bets must be supported by sufficient funds in the customer account. Afrobet reserves the right to void any bet/wager which may have inadvertently been accepted when the account did not have sufficient funds to cover the bet/wager. Should funds be credited to a customer's account in error it is the customer's responsibility to inform Afrobet without delay. Afrobet will recover such funds by account adjustment.
1.7 Unless otherwise stated, all examples given on the Website are given in Naira. For any transaction which requires a currency exchange, the applicable exchange rate will be the mid-rate as quoted by the Financial Times.
1.8 Once a currency is selected, funds are deposited, wagered and winnings paid in that currency. If you wish to change the currency used, please Contact Us.
1.9 You are only entitled to use our currency exchange service for the purpose of placing bets or wagers via the Website (the "authorised purpose"). You are not entitled to use this service for any purpose other than the authorised purpose (including currency hedging, speculative trading or any other currency trading). If Afrobet considers that you are using the Website for any reason other than the authorised purpose, Afrobet shall be entitled to close or suspend your account and you shall:
(a) be liable for any and all claims incurred arising therefrom; and
(b) indemnify Afrobet on demand for such claims.
1.10 In addition, Afrobet shall be entitled to withhold and/or retain any and all amounts earned or received by you as a result of or in connection with your 'unauthorised' use of the Website including activities which are not for an authorised purpose.
1.11 Afrobet does not charge for deposits made by Debit/Credit Card, however please be aware that some card issuers consider betting transactions as 'cash' payments and therefore may charge you a cash advance fee. Please check with your card issuer for further details.
2.1 Where possible, all withdrawals will be processed to the payment account from which the deposits were made. Withdrawal payments can only be made in the name of and to the registered account holder.
2.2 For most payment types, withdrawals can be processed by clicking 'Withdraw' on the Website, subject to there being sufficient funds in your betting account. There is no set maximum withdrawal amount per day but withdrawal requests for amounts greater than N1,000,000 or currency equivalent may require additional arrangements. For full details on each specific payment type, please refer to Deposits/Withdrawals.
2.3 If the value of a deposit is not played through in full before a withdrawal is requested, Afrobet reserves the right to make a charge to the customer's account to cover all reasonable costs relating to both the deposit and withdrawal. If necessary, the value of the withdrawal requested may be reduced accordingly.
2.4 If the deposit method of the account is paysafecard and the value of a deposit is not played through in full before a withdrawal is requested, or there is any evidence of a series of bets/wagers placed which results in guaranteed customer profits irrespective of the outcome, or where all the betting/wagering is determined to be low risk, Afrobet reserves the right to request a receipt showing proof of purchase of the voucher before any withdrawals are processed.
3.1 If we incur any charge-backs, reversals or other charges in respect of your account, we reserve the right to charge you for the relevant amounts incurred.
3.2 We may, at any time, set off any positive balance on your account against any amounts owed by you to Afrobet or any company within the Afrobet group.
3.3 You are responsible for reporting your winnings and losses to the tax and/or other authorities in your jurisdiction.
3.4 Internet gambling may be illegal in the jurisdiction in which you are located. If so, you are not authorised to use your payment card to complete the transaction. However, any bets/wagers accepted from such jurisdictions will stand - win or lose.
D. BETTING PROCEDURES
1. Placing Bets/Wagers
1.1 Afrobet reserves the right to decline all, or part, of any bet/wager requested at its sole and absolute discretion. All bets/wagers are placed at your own risk and discretion.
1.2 We only accept bets/wagers made online (including via mobile device or downloadable applications on a mobile device), by telephone or in shop. Bets/wagers are not accepted in any other form (post, email, fax, etc.) and where received will be invalid and void - win or lose.
1.3 It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure details of their bets/wagers are correct. Once bets/wagers have been placed they may not be cancelled or changed by the customer. Afrobet reserves the right to cancel any bet/wager at any time.
1.4 Your funds will be allocated to bets/wagers in the order they are placed and will not be available for any other use. Afrobet reserves the right to void and/or reverse any transactions made after a bet/wager has been placed involving allocated funds, either at the time or retrospectively.
2. Bet/Wager Confirmation
2.1 Bets/wagers will not be valid if there are insufficient funds in your account.
2.2 For telephone bets/wagers 'acceptance confirmed' will be deemed only after an operator has completed a full read back of the bet/wager details and confirmed to the customer that the bet/wager has been successfully processed and accepted.
2.3 A bet/wager that you request will only be valid once accepted by Afrobet's servers. Each valid bet/wager will receive a unique transaction code. We shall not be liable for the settlement of any bets/wagers which are not issued with a unique transaction code. If you are unsure about the validity of a bet/wager, please check your account history, or Contact Us.
2.4 Notwithstanding the above, if bets/wagers are placed via a credit or debit card they are not valid until we have received payment in full. The bet/wager will be automatically void if we have not received the payment prior to the relevant event commencing.
2.5 Should a dispute arise, you and Afrobet agree that the Afrobet transaction log database will be the ultimate authority in such matters.
3.1 All customer offers are limited to one per person, family, household address, email address, telephone number, same payment account number (e.g. debit or credit card), mobile device (e.g. mobile or tablet), application download or shared computer (e.g. public library or workplace).
3.2 Where any term of the offer or promotion is breached or there is any evidence of a series of bets/wagers placed by a customer or group of customers (e.g. where common betting patterns across the same fixture/markets have been identified across accounts), which due to a deposit bonus, enhanced payments, free and risk free bets/wagers, or any other promotional offer results in guaranteed customer profits irrespective of the outcome, whether individually or as part of a group, Afrobet reserves the right to reclaim the bonus element of such offers and in Afrobet's absolute discretion settle bets/wagers at the correct odds, void the free and risk free bets/wagers or void any bet/wager funded by the deposit bonus. In addition, Afrobet reserves the right to levy an administration charge on the customer up to the value of the deposit bonus, free and risk free bet/wager or additional payment to cover administrative costs. Afrobet further reserves the right to ask any customer to provide sufficient documentation for Afrobet to be satisfied in its absolute discretion as to the customer's identity prior to Afrobet crediting any bonus, free and risk free bet/wager or offer to the customer's account.
3.3 Any bets/wagers placed containing selections at odds of less than 3 will not count towards any rollover requirement. All Afrobet offers are intended for recreational players and Afrobet may in its sole discretion limit the eligibility of customers to participate in all or part of any promotion.
3.4 Afrobet reserves the right to withdraw the availability of any offer or all offers to any customer or group of customers at any time and at Afrobet's sole and absolute discretion. Offers only apply to customers who have made an actual/real money deposit with Afrobet.
3.5 Afrobet reserves the right to amend the terms of or cancel any customer offer or promotion at any time.
4. Settlement and Payouts
4.1 All bets and wagers are subject to the Betting Coverage provisions.
4.2 Afrobet reserves the right to suspend a market and/or cancel any bet/wager at anytime. When a market is suspended any bets entered will be rejected. Afrobet also reserves the right to cease betting on any markets at any time without notice.
4.3 Should a customer include a non-runner or void selection in a multiple bet/parlay, the bet will be settled on the remaining selections.
4.4 Winnings from settled bets/wagers are added to the balance of your betting account. Any funds/winnings credited to an account in error are not available for use, and Afrobet reserves the right to void any transactions involving such funds and/or withdraw the relevant amount from your account and/or reverse the transaction, either at the time or retrospectively.
4.5 Afrobet reserves the right to withhold payment and to declare bets on an event void if we have evidence that the following has occurred: (i) the integrity of the event has been called into question; (ii) the price(s) or pool has been manipulated; or (iii) match rigging has taken place. Evidence of the above may be based on the size, volume or pattern of bets placed with Afrobet across any or all of our betting channels. A decision given by the relevant governing body of the sport in question (if any) will be conclusive. If any customer owes any money to Afrobet for any reason, we have the right to take that into account before making any payments to that customer.
4.6 Where there is evidence of a series of bets each containing the same selection(s) having been placed by or for the same individual or syndicate of individuals, Afrobet reserves the right to make bets void or withhold payment of returns pending the outcome of any subsequent investigation.
4.7 For events where there is no official 'off' declared, the advertised start time of the event will be deemed the 'off'. If for any reason a bet is inadvertently accepted after an event or match has commenced (other than live In-Play betting clearly indicated on the Website), bets will stand providing the final outcome is not known, and that no participant/team has gained any material advantage (e.g. a score, sending off for the other team, etc) at the time the bet was placed. If the outcome of an event/market is known Afrobet reserves the right to void the bet, win or lose. Disputes over times bets are placed will be settled using the transaction log. All times stated on the Website and/or referred to by Afrobet staff relate to Nigeria Time unless stated otherwise.
4.8 In-Play betting - where we have reason to believe that a bet is placed after the outcome of an event is known, or after the selected participant or team has gained a material advantage (e.g. a score, sending off for the other team etc) we reserve the right to void the bet, win or lose.
4.9 If for any reason we are unable to validate the outcome of a particular market (e.g. due to loss of live pictures), all bets will be void, unless settlement of bets is already determined.
4.10 Where a customer gives ambiguous instructions, Afrobet reserves the right to split the amount of monies staked between the potential outcomes. Where this is impractical we reserve the right to void the whole of that bet. In any event, the decision of Afrobet is final.
E. USE OF THE WEBSITE
1. Information and Content
1.1 Information accessed by you on the Website (including results, statistics, sporting data and fixture lists, odds and betting figures) is for your personal use only and the distribution or commercial exploitation of such information is strictly prohibited. No warranty is given as to the uninterrupted provision of such information, its accuracy or as to the results obtained through its use. The information is not intended to amount to advice or recommendations and is provided for information purposes only. It should not be relied upon when placing bets/wagers, which are made at your own risk and discretion.
2. Your Equipment
2.1 Your computer equipment or mobile device and internet connection may affect the performance and/or operation of the Website. Afrobet does not guarantee that the Website will operate without faults or errors or that the Afrobet services will be provided without interruption. Afrobet does not accept any liability for any failures or issues that arise due to your equipment, internet connection or internet or telecommunication service provider (including, for example, if you are unable to place bets or wagers or to view or receive certain information in relation to particular events).
3. Fair Use
3.1 The Website and Afrobet products may only be used for the purposes of placing bets and wagers on events and/or gaming products.
3.2 You must not use the Website for the benefit of a third party or for any purpose which (in Afrobet's opinion) is illegal, defamatory, abusive or obscene, or which Afrobet considers discriminatory, fraudulent, dishonest or inappropriate.
3.3 Afrobet will seek criminal and contractual sanctions against any customer involved in fraudulent, dishonest or criminal acts via or in connection with the Website or Afrobet's products. Afrobet will withhold payment to any customer where any of these are suspected or where the payment is suspected to be for the benefit of a third party. The customer shall indemnify and shall be liable to pay to Afrobet, on demand, all Claims (as defined in paragraph B.4.3 above) arising directly or indirectly from the customer's fraudulent, dishonest or criminal act.
4. Software and Technology Issues
4.1 In order for you to use certain products offered on the Website you may need to download some software (for example, virtual games that are made available via a flash player). Also, certain third party product providers may require you to agree to additional terms and conditions governing the use of their products. If you do not accept those third party terms and conditions, do not use the relevant third party software. Afrobet does not accept any liability in respect of any third party software.
4.2 You are only permitted to use any and all software made available to you via the Website for the purpose of using products on the Website and, save to the extent permitted by applicable law, for no other purposes whatsoever.
4.3 We hereby grant to you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the relevant software, for the sole purpose of using/playing products on the Website, in accordance with the following provisions.
(a) You are not permitted to: (i) install or load the software onto a server or other networked device or take other steps to make the software available via any form of "bulletin board", online service or remote dial-in or network to any other person; (ii) sub-license, assign, rent, lease, loan, transfer or copy (except as expressly provided elsewhere in these terms and conditions) your licence to use the software or make or distribute copies of the software; (iii) enter, access or attempt to enter or access or otherwise bypass Afrobet's security system or interfere in any way (including but not limited to, robots and similar devices) with the relevant products or the Website or attempt to make any changes to the software and/or any features or components thereof; or (iv) copy or translate any user documentation provided 'online' or in electronic format. In addition, you are not permitted to: (a) translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, create derivative works based on, or otherwise modify the software; or (b) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, adapt, translate, make any attempt to discover the source code of the software or to create derivative works based on the whole or on any part of the software.
(b) You do not own the software. The software is owned and is the exclusive property of Afrobet or a third party software provider company (the "Software Provider"). Any software and accompanying documentation which have been licensed to Afrobet are proprietary products of the Software Provider and protected throughout the world by copyright law. Your use of the software does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in the software.
(c) The software is provided "as is" without any warranties, conditions, undertakings or representations, express or implied, statutory or otherwise. Afrobet hereby excludes all implied terms, conditions and warranties (including any of merchantability, satisfactory quality and fitness for any particular purpose). Afrobet does not warrant that: (i) the software will meet your requirements; (ii) the software will not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights; (iii) the operation of the software will be error free or uninterrupted; (iv) any defects in the software will be corrected; or (v) the software or the servers are virus-free.
(d) In the event of communications or system errors occurring in connection with the settlement of accounts or other features or components of the software, neither Afrobet nor the Software Provider will have any liability to you or to any third party in respect of such errors. Afrobet reserves the right in the event of such errors to remove all relevant products from the Website and take any other action to correct such errors.
(e) You hereby acknowledge that how you use the software is outside of Afrobet's control. Accordingly, you load and use the software at your own risk. Afrobet will not have any liability to you or to any third party in respect of your receipt of and/or use of the software.
(f) The software may include confidential information which is secret and valuable to the Software Provider and/or Afrobet. You are not entitled to use or disclose that confidential information other than strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
4.4 While Afrobet endeavours to ensure that the Website is available 24 hours a day, Afrobet shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We reserve the right to make changes or corrections to or to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website and the content or services or products available through it, including your access to it.
4.5 You must not misuse the Website by introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. In particular, you must not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt the Website or any part of it; any equipment or network on which the Website is stored; any software used in connection with the provision of the Website; or any equipment, software or website owned or used by a third party. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website, software or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
5. Third Party Content
5.1 Afrobet receives feeds, commentaries and content from a number of suppliers. Certain third party product providers may require you to agree to additional terms and conditions governing the use of their feeds, commentaries and content. If you do not accept the relevant third party terms and conditions, do not use the relevant feeds, commentaries or content.
5.2 Afrobet does not accept any liability in respect of any third party feeds, commentaries and content.
5.3 Afrobet does not allow any employee, anyone else in any way connected to such employee or anyone otherwise connected to a third party service provider (to be determined in Afrobet's absolute discretion) to bet/wager on any market or event where the third party service provider is providing a service to Afrobet. Afrobet will void any bet/wager where it determines in its absolute discretion that such betting/wagering has taken place.
5.4 Where the Website contains links to third party websites and resources, these links are provided for your information only. Afrobet has no control over the content of these sites or resources, and accepts no liability for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The inclusion of a link to a third party website does not constitute an endorsement of that third party's website, product or services (if applicable).
6.1 Afrobet will not be liable for any errors in respect of bets or wagers including where: (i) there is an Obvious Error in the relevant odds/spreads/handicap/totals/Cash Out amount displayed by Afrobet; (ii) Afrobet continues to accept bets or wagers on closed or suspended markets; (iii) Afrobet incorrectly calculates or pays a settlement amount, including where a bet is Cashed Out for the full settlement amount; or (iv) any error occurs in a random number generator or pay tables included, incorporated or used in any game or product.
6.2 Incorrect Price - Prior to the start of an event, In-Play or after the event, where an Obvious Error is identified any bets will stand and be settled at the Afrobet revised price. Where a revised price is deemed less than 1/1000 then bets will be void. Where there is sufficient time before the start of an event, Afrobet will endeavour to contact the customer and may in our absolute discretion allow the option of cancelling the bet.
6.3 Incorrect Count/Line/Spread/Handicap/Total - Prior to the start of an event, In-Play or after the event, where an Obvious Error is identified any bets will stand and be settled at the count, line, spread, handicap or total taken at the Afrobet revised price except for the following situations:
i) Where a revised price is deemed less than 1/1000 then bets will be void.
ii) Any bet placed on a count, line, spread, handicap or total where the outcome is already known when the bet was placed will be void.
6.4 Incorrect Cash Out Amount - Prior to the start of an event, In-Play or after the event, any bets that have been Cashed Out by the customer where the Cash Out amount is incorrect (due to an error in the underlying price) will stand and be resettled at the correct amount. Where a selection is Cashed Out following an incorrect result the selection will be resettled on the correct result.
6.5 Where there is sufficient time before the start of an event, Afrobet will endeavour to contact the customer and may in our absolute discretion allow the option of cancelling the bet.
6.6 Incorrect Fixture - Where an incorrect player or team is quoted within a fixture all bets will be void. Such determination to be in Afrobet's absolute discretion.
6.7 Incorrect Market - If an incorrect market is quoted for any match or event, bets placed on that market will be void; other markets may also be void. Such determination to be in Afrobet's absolute discretion.
6.8 Late Bets - If for any reason a pre-event bet is inadvertently accepted after a match or event has commenced, bets will be settled as follows:
i) If the event and market is covered In-Play then bets will stand at the revised price at the time the bet was placed (where a revised price is deemed less than 1/1000 then bets will be void), unless the outcome is already known in which case such bets will be void.
ii) If the event or market is not covered In-Play then the bet will stand as long as the selected participant or team has not gained a material advantage (e.g. a score, sending off for the other team etc). Where a material advantage has been gained Afrobet reserve the right to void the bet, win or lose. Any bet placed where the outcome is already known, including In-Play, will be made void.
6.9 Obvious Error - Maximum Winnings - The maximum amount which can be won for a bet placed where there is an Obvious Error and a revised price is N1,000,000, unless the expected winning amount of the original bet was greater than N1,000,000. In such circumstances, the winning amount of the bet placed at the revised price will equal that of the original bet with any excess stake becoming void.
7.1 Afrobet actively monitors traffic to and from the Website. Afrobet reserves the right in its sole discretion to block access where evidence indicative of automated or robotic activity is found.
7.2 Afrobet reserves the right to restrict access to all or certain parts of the Website in respect of certain jurisdictions.
7.3 Afrobet may alter or amend the products offered via the Website at any time and for any reason.
7.4 From time to time, all or part of the Website may be unavailable for use by you because of our maintenance of the Website and/or alteration or amendment of any of the Website products.
F. OUR LIABILITY
1. Afrobet does not accept any liability for any damages, liabilities or losses which are deemed or alleged to have arisen out of or in connection with the Website or its content (including delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, loss or corruption of data, communication or lines failure, any person's misuse of the Website or its content or any errors or omissions in content).
2. While Afrobet endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, Afrobet does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information and material on the Website. The Website may contain typographical errors or other inaccuracies, or information that is out of date. Afrobet is under no obligation to update such material. The information and material on the Website is provided "as is", without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Afrobet provides you with the Website on the basis that Afrobet excludes all representations, express or implied warranties, conditions and other terms which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to the Website.
3. Afrobet's total aggregate liability to you under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions does not exceed:
(a) the value of the bets and/or wagers you placed via your account in respect of the relevant bet/wager or product that gave rise to the relevant liability; and
(b) the amount of applicable monies, where such monies have been misplaced by us.
(c) NGN1,000,000 (one million Nigeria Naira) in respect of any other liability.
4. Afrobet shall not be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty or in any other way for any of the following (whether incurred directly or indirectly):
(a) loss of profits;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of revenue;
(d) loss of opportunity;
(e) loss of data;
(f) loss of goodwill or reputation; or
(g) any special, indirect or consequential losses,
whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of the parties at the date of these terms and conditions.
5. Nothing in this Section F shall limit Afrobet's liability to pay the customer winnings or other sums properly owing to it, subject always to terms and conditions set out herein and the maximum winnings on products in Appendix Two to these Terms and Conditions.
6. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit Afrobet's liability for:
(i) death or personal injury caused by Afrobet's negligence;
(ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(iii) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
G. OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. The contents of the Website are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The owner of these rights is Afrobet, its affiliates or other third party licensors.
2. All product and company names and logos mentioned on the Website are the trade marks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including Afrobet.
3. Except to the extent required to use a product for the purpose of placing bets or wagers, no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored, modified, copied, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed, by any means or in any manner, or included in any other website or in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service including text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our express prior written consent.
4. If you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material, information, comments, postings or other content to the Website ("User Content"), then the User Content will be considered to be non-confidential and non-proprietary and Afrobet has the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any User Content for any purpose. Afrobet also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. Afrobet has the right to remove, amend or edit any User Content you make on the Website.
5. Any commercial use or exploitation of the Website or its content is strictly prohibited.
H. OTHER PROVISIONS
2. In no event will any delay, failure or omission (in whole or in part) in enforcing, exercising or pursuing any right, power, privilege, claim or remedy conferred by or arising under these Terms and Conditions or by law, be deemed to be or construed as a waiver of that or any other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy in respect of the circumstances in question, or operate so as to bar the enforcement of that, or any other right, power, privilege, claim or remedy, in any other instance at any time or times subsequently.
3. The rights and remedies provided by these Terms and Conditions are cumulative and (unless otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions) do not exclude any other rights or remedies available in law.
4. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
5. You shall execute or cause to be executed all documents and do or cause to be done all further acts and things consistent with the terms of these Terms and Conditions that Afrobet may from time to time reasonably require in order to vest in and secure to Afrobet the full benefit of rights and benefits to be transferred or granted to Afrobet under these Terms and Conditions and for the protection and enforcement of the same and otherwise to give full effect to the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
6. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall create or be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture or principal-agent relationship between the parties and no party shall have authority to bind any other in any way unless expressly provided otherwise in these Terms and Conditions.
7. Afrobet shall not be in breach of these Terms and Conditions nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control including (without limitation) any telecommunications network failures, power failures, failures in third party computer hardware or software, fire, lightning, explosion, flood, severe weather, industrial disputes or lock-outs, terrorist activity and acts of government or other competent authorities. In such circumstances the time for performance shall be extended by a period equivalent to the period during which performance of the obligation has been delayed or failed to be performed.
8. Afrobet may assign, transfer, charge, sub-license or deal in any other manner with these Terms and Conditions, or sub-contract any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, to any party including any company within the Afrobet group.
9. Any notice to be given under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing, in English and may be served by hand delivery, first class post, recorded delivery or registered post or airmail, email or fax to: (a) in the case of Afrobet, the address of the relevant Afrobet company as set out at the beginning of these Terms and Conditions or as displayed on the Website; and (b) in respect of notices given by Afrobet to you, pursuant to the customer registration procedure (including any amendment to those details you have notified to Afrobet).
I. COMPLAINTS, DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
1. Should there be any claim or dispute arising from a past or current transaction, please Contact Us. If Afrobet is unable to settle the dispute, either party is entitled to refer the dispute to an arbiter.
2. Subject to paragraph B.3.1 above, these Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter, whether of a contractual or non-contractual nature, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Nigeria.
3. By accepting these Terms and Conditions and/or placing bets or wagers and/or making use (whether authorised or not) of the facilities offered by Afrobet (whether through the Website or otherwise), you irrevocably agree that the courts of Nigeria shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Afrobet shall be entitled to bring a claim against a customer in the court of the customer's country of domicile.
(c) 2018 A & F TECHPLUS VENTURES T/A AFROBET